Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Ezra was finally released from the hospital today. He really does so much better at home, but I have to think any child would. He was busy playing, smiling, running, and being very somewhat difficult.

DSC_0017copy

DSC_1019 copy

He looks a little paler than usual, which is hard to believe, I know. He will be treated another ten days on antibiotics for the ear infection. They have also changed his oral chemo dosing. He was on 100% chemo dosing, but they lowered it to 50%, they don’t want his counts to bottom out again, they will check his counts soon and hopefully slowly increase the chemo back up to 100%. His oncology team said it is typical for kids to bottom out in maintenance when he did. His ear infection didn’t help his counts either.

It all still seems a little surreal at times, like when I read back what I just wrote and words pop out at me like oncology team, counts, and chemo. It all became a part of our reality so quickly. I am not going to lie, our lives had started to seem some what normal lately. This last hospital visit very rudely reminded me how far from normal our lives truly are. I don’t know that our lives will ever really be normal again. And you know what? I am ok with that, if you know me at all, I am not very good at normal….

We are so glad to be back home! Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers continue for your family and Ezra. I'm so happy to hear he's home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear Ezra is home. Hope he continues to feel better and improve. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully things start looking up for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad he is home and doing well. Sending healing and positive thoughts and wishes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete